Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Technology

I could almost buy a new laptop for the amount of stupid money I just spent on parts for my old one. 

Could I have found them cheaper?  Yes. 
Do I know where?  No. 
Do I want someone to tell me, now that I've already bought the parts?  Definitely not. 
Why not?  Because cheese cubes are hard to stack on a moving armadillo, now quit asking me questions. 

I'll remain blissfully ignorant if you don't mind, most of the parts already came in the mail. 

Of course, the part still floating somewhere over the mid-Atlantic is the one that has to go in first.  By the time it arrives, I'll have completely forgotten how to reassemble the thing, which is at this moment in a thousand pieces on the shelf next to me. 

Here's a picture: 


Panel "a" goes into slot "28.10 sub-component 9d-33".  Skip.
Wire "842" plugs into jack "half broken and easily missed".  Skip.

It may never work again, but if it does, at least there won't be as many screws holding it together.

My creed:  If it ain't broke; fix it 'till it is. 







TSN

No comments: