Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Yep it's today.  Today a bunch of kids I don't know, will come to my door and beg for sugary treats, then leave without saying thank you. 

I must be getting old.  Of the hundreds of kids that came to the house last year I remember exactly one costume.  It was awesome, this little girl had on a huge clear plastic garbage bag stuffed with small multicolored balloons, her head poked out the top and had a big tin-foil dime on top of it.  Best gumball machine I've ever seen.  Kudos to you, random girl with an imagination!

Other kudos have historically gone to my cousin, whose Halloween ideas hail from a lifetime of academic influence and from being generally warped. 

Examples:  If I dress all in camouflage, face, hands... everything, then wear a spoon on a string around my neck, what am I?  A spoon.  If I wear a sandwich sign with the words "End It" on one side, and "You Missed, You Bastard!" on the other, what I am I?  A suicidal pedestrian.  If I wear all black with a dotted yellow line going up the middle of me, what am I?  A road.  The list goes on and on. 

In my (fairly extensive) experience, adult Halloween costumes are almost always better than kids costumes.  It's a great opportunity/excuse for grown women to wear skimpy clothes and go as sexy this or naughty that, and for grown men to dress like grown women, or Vikings, or grown Viking women.



We're a strangely repressed culture, aren't we?     

-TSN

1 comment:

Sid Luscious said...

I think this year, I will tailgate with other kiddo's and pretend I am their parents helping the little ones collect candy, then when we leave, i will bolt in the other direction. If I get figured out, i will tell the homeowner that it's a mere sly trick for a treat..I am sure to get a chuckle, and then grab their basket of candy and run like hell. Dressed as a pedophile of course screaming NEMO FUCKING LANGY!!