Saturday, September 17, 2011

This is the only place you'll see the word "beaver" in this entire post.


I read a study recently that interested me.  It's about teenagers and why they do such completely illogical, poorly thought out and generally stupid stuff... long story short, a team of researchers determined that teenagers are quite capable of making logical decisions, but if they find themselves in the presence of other teenagers, they don't. 

That equation looks like this:  1+1 = 0

I guess math is wrong.  Who knew?  I want some tests re-graded.  If math is wrong, it follows that science is thusly boned as well.  Might as well discount the whole curriculum as lies, all lies!  Except wood shop.  I think wood shop would be okay without math, we'd just have to go back to using oddball units of measurement like cubits or moose turds or something. 

Speaking of everything being wrong, does anybody else get the feeling that our entire society is getting ready to plummet all helter-skelter into chaos and despair?  There's probably not too much I can do about that besides stock up on Spam, hunker down and wait ever-so-patiently for the zombie-apocalypse that looms ominously on the horizon like an armada of indestructible alien warships that didn't come in peace. 

I don't like it.  Spam that is.  I'm curiously comfortable with the zombie apocalypse. 

TSN

2 comments:

Tera said...

Yet another good read.

Anonymous said...

You would quickly become leader of whatever community survives, buddy.