Thursday, September 15, 2011

Problem Solved

I like a phone call where the person who called me tells me that a problem I never knew about has been resolved.  I'm usually like "Great!  That's good news!"  Actually I'm not really sure what kind of news it is.  I guess it depends. 

It could be bad news, if the problem that I didn't know about was something that had already damaged my life in some way, or that generally makes me nervous. 

"Hey they finally caught that rogue caribou that was destroying your living room."
"Great!  That's good news!" 
"Whelp, see you later."
"K, bye." 
*click

When I get a random-problem-has-been-solved call, it's better when the news is neutral.  That way I can be glad to hear it despite the fact that seconds before the phone rang I didn't know or care about it at all. 

"Alright so the total cost of the new generic gorilla-tuft tiles will be $385, aaaaaand it looks like that's covered under warranty.  We'll go ahead and bill the company directly.  Did you have any questions?"
".... nope."
"Great, well have a nice day sir."
"You too."
"If you can spare a couple of minutes for a survey, stay on the..."
*click

Random unexpected good news is the best. 

"You don't have gonorrhea!"
"Neat!"
*click

Then there's wrong number news which seems good, until you realize you don't know which team you're on. 

"Well it looks like none of the liquid-plasmodium, hypergoo smart-missiles did any significant damage to the hard drive backlash interface, we just had to replace some wiring."
"Great!  Wait... whose liquid-plasmodium, hypergoo smart-missiles?"
"Um... is this Charlie?"
"No, this is Dave? Spaulding..."
 "Oh, sorry."
*click
 
TSN
TheShadowsNose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!