Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wheee! D'oh!

If I had a head like Charlie Brown...

But enough about that.  Today I saw a bird nest that was built in a bundle of cables for an omnidirectional ground to air antenna. 

"I wonder if it helps keep them warm..." I thought, before realizing that the warmth the little feathery buggers enjoy is probably not helping them be any more healthy than they would otherwise have been. 

That's when I thought about Chris Farley in Tommy Boy when the guy asked him "Did you live under power lines when you were a kid?"

Now I have a reason to nod my head understandingly when the occasional bird flies beak first at top speed into my office window.  I always wondered what must go through a birds head when they're so rudely interrupted.

I imagine it's this:

"Doot de doo..."  SPLATTO! 

He lays on the ground in a daze for a few minutes.  Three people with cigarettes gather around and peer down at him, shaking their heads and muttering. 

"Awwww, BOLLOCKS!  Stupid GPS, how long as that been there?  These people ought to be more careful, etc. etc. etc..."

If situations were reversed, and birds could install invisible barriers in places where humans were running really fast, I'll bet that Kenyans would slow right on down. 

Also, trips on remote mountain biking trails through the woods could end in what can only be described as "tragically hilarious" face-smudging fiasco that even Gary Larson would be impressed by. 

TSN

No comments: