Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Birds are Dumb



First of all, nests are stupid.  Rain, snow, hail, and whatever else that falls out of the sky is going to land directly in your "shelter".  That's dumb!  Why not put a roof on it? 

Who sits in a bowl in a tree during a rainstorm and says "Wow, I can't believe how warm and dry I feel!  Nothing cozier than a bowl made out of sticks, in the top of a tree!"  Stupid birds.  

Then in order to keep the kids warm, you gotta sit on them.  Literally sit directly on them.  Birds make the best babysitters.  Then when the eggs hatch, you throw up pre-chewed worms and bugs directly into their mouths.  Are they grateful?  Probably not.

"Moooom!  I'm huuuuungry!" 
"Aww, here you go sweetie, *hork-hork-hork-blatt!*"
"Golly, thanks mom, you're swell!"

Then it's all cold, freak spring snowstorm, the kids start squirming around, poking you in the butt with their beaks and you're all like "Hey!  I've got four inches of snow on my head up here, do you mind?", and they're down there chirping all sarcastically back at you, like "Ooh, poor me, I've got snow on my head, boo boo boo!"  because they're mocking birds and that's how they are. 

So you kick them out of the nest like "Figure it out!" and half of them plummet to their deaths.  The other half go on to make all the same stupid mistakes that you made.

"This is the way my parents did it, and this is the way I'm gonna do it!"
"But wouldn't it be smarter to put a roof on the house?"
"Dagnabbit, you youngsters don't know what's good for you!"
"But.... "
"Shut up!"
"But..."
"Aaaaaaah!  Aaaaaaah!  Damn kids!" *shakes wing furiously*

 Hopeless. 
 

No comments: