Wednesday, December 19, 2012

College

Well it's official; I'm a college student again.  In three weeks I'll be prostrate to the higher mind again.  And unless there's some other procrastinator in the electronics technology program this year, I'll be the old guy in the classroom again.

I got my books and everything.  Still need a backpack though.  And a trapper keeper.  Do kids still use trapper keepers? 

Maybe I'll use one just to see what college kids will think of a 33 year old man with a trapper keeper in their class.  Gotta give them something to whisper about while they're passing notes and recovering from their hangovers and their VD and whatnot. 

In hindsight, I was doomed to this electronics technology thing from the get go.  

When I was a kid I'd tinker with electronics all the time.  In my mind, technological marvels materialized at my fingertips in wild arrays of beautiful snapping arcs of lightning, sort of like this:



In real life it was this:  

Which is fine, I was a kid and all so I could get away with stuff like that.  Now things have changed.  In my minds eye now, the visions are much more practical.  Like this:


And despite the many years that have passed, the multitude of teachers and trainers and mentors and other people generally smarter than me who attempted to learn me up right proper, what happens in real life is still this:


Soon, if I can ride my little barrel successfully through the rapids that stand between me and a college degree... if I can kick, dog-paddle and sputter through the waters of higher learning which forever threaten to flood the river of knowledge; then I'll get my piece of paper that makes me official....

THEN people will have to LISTEN when I laugh maniacally and wave my nine volt batteries and crappy little DC motors around!  Yes, haaahaaa, YEAH!  Then it's ON!  Watch out suckers.  

No comments: