Monday, November 19, 2012

Coffee






I love the stuff, and my little coffee drinking community at work gradually makes it stronger and stronger.  At some point I think I must have made a conscious decision to develop a taste for it, because at first the taste of coffee didn't interest me at all.  My first taste did not make me an instant fan.  I was like "Aww, what the hell is this crap?"

Maybe it was just the sheer amount of exposure to lousy coffee during my military years, but now I think the stuff is great!  We grind beans, get excited about trying different kinds, and discuss each brands propensity to instigate bowel movements.  We are a classy, classy bunch let me tell you. 

But the coffee pot is rarely empty.  Since we spend so much time on the road traveling to different parts of the state we're also pretty well versed in the coffees offered by various chain restaurants and gas stations.  We're regulars at more places than I can count.  Most days can find us standing in line with our cheap gas station mugs in hand, battling the temptation to buy a taquito that's been on the warmer since the signing of the constitution. 

One conversation at a Wendy's was particularly memorable:

Me: "Hey do you guys have that new coffee from the commercials?" 
Guy:  "Yes we do." 
Me:  "Is it any good?" 
Guy:  "It's the same crap, they just gave it a new name." 
Me:  "Awesome.  I'll have that."



Surely a coffee snob am I.

Happy grinding! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this article- I can totally relate! That conversation from Wendy's made me laugh, I would have probably responded the same way you did! =)

ShadowsNose said...

Thank you, it's all true... sad but true :)